>> -- mod_jserv won't work if you want to use SSL
>
>Why not? SSL stuff in apache is done in apache, and jserv is
>only a connector.
>The SSL in apache works the same way in mod_ssl, and
>mod_jserv. The only
>difference is that in Servlet Spec 2.0 (JSDK2.0 which jserv is) has no
>notion of SSL (to my knowledge), and you cannot really do
>anything with SSL
>within servlets, unless you write everything yourself. You still get
>the CGI environment variables, so you probably can find out that
>request was handled as HTTPS, but apache takes care of it for you,
>and you cannot make much use of it within a servlet.

mod_jserv didn't support SSL neither ajp12. You must use mod_jk
with ajp13 to get SSL info forwarded from Apache to Tomcat.

>> Is the above true?  And also, if my web server is IPlanet/Netscape or
>> IIS, do those redirectors provide SSL support?

If you look in IPlanet/Netscape code for mod_jk (jk_nsapi_plugin.c)
you'll see that the plugin grab SSL infos. Same thing in IIS connector
(jk_isapi_plugin.c).

But I never use these servers and just couldn't tell you if ajp13 use
there SSL informations.