On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, GOMEZ Henri wrote:

> >> -- mod_jserv won't work if you want to use SSL
> >
> >Why not? SSL stuff in apache is done in apache, and jserv is
> >only a connector.
> >The SSL in apache works the same way in mod_ssl, and
> >mod_jserv. The only
> >difference is that in Servlet Spec 2.0 (JSDK2.0 which jserv is) has no
> >notion of SSL (to my knowledge), and you cannot really do
> >anything with SSL
> >within servlets, unless you write everything yourself. You still get
> >the CGI environment variables, so you probably can find out that
> >request was handled as HTTPS, but apache takes care of it for you,
> >and you cannot make much use of it within a servlet.
>
> mod_jserv didn't support SSL neither ajp12. You must use mod_jk
> with ajp13 to get SSL info forwarded from Apache to Tomcat.
[ ... ]

Can you clarify what you mean bu this?  Because I'm using Apache with
mod_ssl, and Tomcat with mod_jserv, and things are working just fine.
Perhaps there's some functionality I don't have, but I guess I haven't
needed it yet.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Software/Systems Development Group
Computing and Communications Services Office (CCSO)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]