hey the in second option what u suggested  ...
did u mean that have an application running on the computer where the tomcat
is installed ??

If the tomcat server is physically not accessible then what to do ??

From: Randy Layman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: admin question
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 16:08:52 -0400

        The problem with this is, how to you restart Tomcat?

        I see two basic choices:
        1.  Use some other package to remotely control the services.  This
has been the methodology used here for 90% of our projects
        2.  Write an application that listens to a port for the
startup/shutdown command.  I did this once and its not to big of a deal (but
I can't give you the source).  The basic structure is:
        Get Server Socket
        Read a command (will block until command sent)
        Process command (some forethought here will make this easy to adapt
to other projects)
        Repeat

        Really, not a lot to it, however if you get smart and start adding
other features (like cleaning up log files while the service is down, doing
multiple services in a particular order) it can get complicated and messy
without forethought.

        Randy