Dmitri,

I tried your method, but it didn't work. So it doesn't seem to be the long
name problem. I also checked and confirmed that there is no other version of
servlet.jar on my pc.

Infact I am surprised that (both the servlet & jsp) examples at
http://localhost:8080/ work perfectly!
Could there be any other reason for package javax not being found?

Sheila