Dmitri,

Yes, this is weird!
If I try
jar -tf servlet.jar
from inside the lib folder I get a long list of classes. But if I try the
same from c:\> the system can't locate the servlet file.

So I placed the HelloWorld.java inside the lib folder (where the servlet.jar
IS,) and I still get the error saying package.servlet does not exist.

What else should I do?
Sheila