On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
> Since the original objective was to share the cache, it seems to me that
> one versus two contexts is not a big deal, right?

ahhh, sorry - missed the start of the thread... thought it was a more
general "one webapp" thing...

> > you would be well advised to put it in a jar which you then place in
> > tomcat's lib dir... that way its relatively easy to move your app.
> >

> In fact, this is critical to the sharing solution.  Eerything in Tomcat's
> lib directory is shared -- everything in /WEB-INF/classes or /WEB-INF/lib
> is not shared.

My reading of the suggestion was that the classes would reside elsewhere
in the system but be in the startup classpath as startup - this would do
the same thing but be a little more spread out... thats all my point was
there (o:

cheesr
dim