I have created a servlet class (using
DBConenctionbroker from javaexchange) which upon
initialization creates a number of database
conenctions.   The init method is the only method
defined.

My plan now is to create a number of servlets which
extend this class by defining doGet methods, which
will also return specific information from a database.
 My question is if each of these classes are child
classes of my connection broker class, how connection
brokers will be created.  In other words:
Lets say I hae my connection broker and three child
classes. If upon initialization my connectionBroker
class actually creates 3 database connections.  How
many database conenctions will there be once all the
servlets are initialized?

Will there simply be 3 for the connectionBroker,
9 for each of the child servlets,
or twelve for all the servlets?

Again I will probably have all 4 servlets intialize
upon tomcat startup.

Thanks,
   -Amos