I'm a little confused and was hoping someone could clear something up for
me.  I've recently downloaded Tomcat 4.0.1.  I've been using it non-stop for
the last couple weeks and I love it.

My confusion lies in the fact that I thought that Tomcat was built on top of
the Apache web server and that when I did the Tomcat 4.0.1 install (which
was extremely easy), that I had also installed Apache as my web server.  But
from reading recent posts to this mailing list, it sounds as though I am
just running Tomcat's web server?  Is this true?  Should I do a separate
Apache install?

If it helps, below is what is output when I start up Tomcat:

Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.0.1
Starting service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat/4.0.1