At 06:02 AM 05/12/01, you wrote:
> > You're only jealous cos the little penguins are talking to me.
>
> > So, any insight on the "little penguins"? I've given up on discussing
>Tomcat.
>
>I assume he's referring to the little penguin that is the Linux mascot...

I think it's what is technically known as a "joke" - a sentence with
humourous intent. The precise semantic meaning of the phrase is *not* of
importance, but rather the overall effect. I would say that the penguins
are apocryphal, much the same way as the famous road-crossing chicken.

Jim

--

                           *   Jim Cheesman   *
             Trabajo: