I'm having problems integrating Tomcat with Apache in my development
environment using win2000Pro.

I following the directions to add libapr.dll and mod_webapp.so to C:\Program
Files\Apache Group\Apache\modules
and add the following lines to httpd.conf:
LoadModule webapp_module modules/mod_webapp.so
AddModule mod_webapp.c
WebAppConnection conn      warp  localhost:8008
WebAppDeploy     examples  conn  /examples/

Both Tomcat and Apache start up fine.
I can browse directly to
http://localhost/examples/jsp/num/numguess.jsp
and play that number guessing game fine.  The integration appears fine for
that.
But when I browse to a URL within the examples application that has an
image, my CPU becomes 100% allocated and my computer practically grinds to a
halt.
For example, it can't deal with http://jeffp-desktop/examples/jsp/index.html
which contains images.  I have to stop and restart Tomcat for my computer to
get my CPU utilization under control.

Has anybody experienced anything like this in integrating Tomcat and Apache?
I must be missing some configuration step....

Thanks in advanced.