> Hi,
> I am not sure where to send this question, I guess
> here would be a good starting point.
>
> Is it possible to configure the webdav servlet in
> tomcat to get files from a new filesystem, which has a
> java api to access files, rather than the local
> filesystem or an an nfs mounted file system.
>
> Slide is supposed to do something like this, but it
> has much more functionality than what is needed here
> which may make it hard to integrate.
>
>         The filesystem that webdav would need to
> support is implemented through a mysql server, and
> with its own acls. So the webdav servlet would also
> need to use a mysql table for authentication which
> could be implemented through a tomcat jdbc realm.
>
>         How should I go about it?, Do I need to
> completely hack the webdav servlet, and implement the
> new filesystem code there, or is there a simpler
> method, and if this is not the right mailing list
> which other mailing lists should I send this question
> to. Please let me know.

If you implement a JNDI directory context which would access your
repository, it could work. For the authentication, you definitely need some
kind of custom realm, though.

Some docs:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/resources.html
And see in the javadocs the o.a.naming.resources package.

Remy