Hi, all,

I just installed tomcat 4.0 binary on my Solaris 8 box at home. This Solaris
machine is connected to my w2k pc through a linksys router, which is
connected to a cable modem.

After I started tomcat, I can visit http://localhost:8080/index.html only
from the same workstation, but not from my pc. I understand this is because
the settings in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml. Could someone tell me how to
reconfigure this baby so that TOMCAT will point to a different location? The
"different" means that it does not point to the default page:
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/index.html. Or better yet, can I reconfigure it
to point to $HOME/public_html, where apache server has already pointed to?

I know I must set up somethings in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml. But I am
not sure how. Could someone show me step by step?

BTW, I have configured apache on this station. I can already visit
http://192.168.1.100/~myUnixID.

Thanks.