Cheng,

I am just learning too, but the following links speak to your problem:

http://localhost:8080/tomcat-docs/appdev/deployment.html
http://localhost:8080/tomcat-docs/config/index.html
and in particular
http://localhost:8080/tomcat-docs/config/context.html
and if you are hosting others, check out
http://localhost:8080/tomcat-docs/config/host.html#User%20Web%20Applicat
ions

(Of course, you have to have tomcat running to get to these URLs.
Alternatively, you can get them from the filesystem. I assume you know
how.)

As you noticed, there is an implicit context created for each subdir of
$catalinahome/webapps.

HTH
Josh