Hi,

Below is something I got from the list from a much older post, if that's
the case, how do I tell tomcat to rotate in that fashion (monthly or
weekly instead of daily)

The workaround I am using now is to have tomcat create a unique servlet
log file daily (using timestamp in filename), and I have a cronjob that
runs at midnight that creates a symlink to the current day's logfile (my
developers are lazy like that :) (hope none of them read this list)

outstanding questions I have:

1)  how do I make it so that tomcat will only rotate logs weekly or
monthly?

2)  can I make it so that the servlet logs aren't overwritten every time
I restart tomcat?

3)  why does tomcat decide to rotate the logs at 1am instead of
midnight?

4)  Are there any other attributes to LogSetter? (I only see 5 in the
doc, with nothing pertaining to rotation)

Thank you very, very much for any help you can give me.  -Ray

>From an older post:

RE: How do I rotate logs for Tomcat?