On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Anthony W. Marino wrote:

> Costin,
>
> Thank you very much for this claification!!!
> Could you, or someone, advise/point to document on where "jk2" is with regards
> to function completion?

Most of the essential features ( Ajp over TCP, with manual configuration )
are done.

The refactoring ( object model, general data structures, config model )
are done.

Apache2 and 1.3 are done, IIS is close.

The only important thing that remains to be done is closing up on the
new configuration format ( including webapps/, etc ) - I sent 2 proposals
today on tomcat-dev.

Besides that, jk2 will have some 'experimental' features ( we
can't call them 'relase quality' without a large amount of testing,
and I don't consider them essential ):

- the 'unix socket' channel is working fine ( for Unix, of course ).
- the 'JNI' channel should work in multi-threaded, single process mode,
and will work in multi-process,multi-threaded after shm is complted
- the 'shm' will allow dynamic add/removal of tomcat instances. The
hard part is ( I hope ) done, but the final details for the format
of the scoreboad are taking longer ( I'm trying to reuse that for
a future shm channel and to cover a future 'dynamic add/remove or
webapps')

Another important change that is still in progress is an optimization
of the mapper, plus better vhost and WEB-INF detection ( needed
in IIS ).

Any help we get will move jk2 closer and make it better.

Costin