I also got Tomcat to listen on port 80 by changing the
port number in Server.xml.  My problem is I can only
browse from the local (server) machine.  If I point my
browser on another machine on the same network to the
server's ip address I get no response (I think that
was what happened; I can't test it now to recall
exactly what happens...)

I'm guessing this is a unix thing, but am not sure.
I'm running on Redhat 7.2

=====