On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Hanks Mei wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   Well ofcourse I know that the mailing list is heavily loaded, but
> it is going beyond my control...
>
> Can we have forum kind of mechanism instead, so that the users can
> log in to the net wherein queries/replies can be placed.
>
>  This is my request. I feel that this approach will help the tomcat
> users a lot.
>
> Any other solutions are welcome...
>
> It is tooo... much for my mail client and net connection
> to handle, so I am signing off.
>
> Will look forward for the tomcat forum... ;-)

I think there are a number of reasons why this won't be turned into a
web forum, including some historical ones.  However, with web archives
of mailing lists, including this one, there essentially is a web forum
version already (especially since this list doesn't require you to be
a subscribe in order to post, so you can continue to post questions
via email).

Here are a couple of pages that talk about jakarta-related mailing
lists and archives:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html

I've found