On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Steve Russell wrote:

> I think this list would make an excellent usenet group
> ( comp.lang.java.server-side ? ).
>
> I read the documents that you need to read before writing a usenet new
> newsgroup proposal.
>
> Those docs said it was VITAL to have good justifications for your
> proposed group in your proposal.
>
> According to the docs about the only universally accepted justification
> for a new usenetgroup would be a mailing list under HEAVY, HEAVY traffic.
>
> Thats this list.
>
> If the owners of the list are interested in working with me I'll pitch
> in some work in creating a proposal for a comp.lang.java-server-side

There was a similar proposal done some time back.  It failed -- barely
-- not that there were a lot of dissenting votes, just not enough
assenting ones.  I don't recall how long ago that vote was, but I
think it's been longer than the six month moratorium before you can
retry it.  If you're really interested in this, you should contact the
person that tried it back then, and see what his plans are, whether he
plans to retry with all the wisdom gained from that experience.  If
so, maybe you can join efforts.  Even if he isn't planning on doing
that, it'd probably be very useful to talk to him.  You can search at
groups.google.com to find out all about it.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Systems and Technology Services (STS)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]