Considering the possibility you are setup like me (httpd config in
/etc/httpd/conf - modules in /etc/httpd/modules), I suggest you change
your LoadModule line to:

LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so

All the docs talk about libexec - but all of my other modules are loaded
from modules/mod_* - and this is true for mod_jk too - works like a charm!

HTH,

Eddie