Steve, I'd _love_ to help you - I would.  I'm running on Linux though -
and with a much older version of Apache (1.3.23).  So far as the config
goes, I'm still quite shaky on it.  If all you want to do is set up one
server - or even multiple load-balanced servers, it's not that bad I
don't think.  You might take a look at http://www.ubeans.com/tomcat/.
 That's what I used as my guide.  You can get the "dll" files (I'm
guessing you're on Windows) from the binary distributions.  It's not
(IMHO) real easy to find the one you want.  I'm not certain I have "the
one I want" - but "it works".  There's also a proportedly useful
walkthrough on jboss.org for setting up with the newer Apaches.

If you look over that stuff and still have problems, post here again.
 I'll try and keep an eye on this thread.  I know how frustrating this
can be.

Regards,

Eddie Bush