From: Turner, John [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: den 29 augusti 2002 16:49
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Easy to read HOWTO's or anything similar?

Perhaps I've missed something in this thread, but if your need is as simple
as a single (or even a couple) JSP pages, why not just copy everything in
server.xml that has to do with "/examples", change that to "/your-app",
restart tomcat, and call it good?  For that matter, toss the JSP into the
ROOT and go with that.

Is it just for a warm-fuzzy that you are trying to learn every nook and
cranny of tomcat to get your JSPs running?  I'm not criticizing, it just
seems to me that the solution is very simple.  Sure, it's always good for an
admin to learn as much as possible about the software running on their
server, but that seems secondary to getting your pages running, at least to
me.  You can always implement more options later.

John