On 5 Sep 2002, Benny Lootens wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I really have a problem here ... :-(
>
> Two different URLS, www.mydomain-a.com and www.mydomain-b.com point
> to the same webapplication, the same tomcat-context.
>
> Everything works fine, even if I start working with cookies (I set a
> different cookiepath for each URL, eg. /cookiepatha for
> mydomain-a.com and /cookiepathb for mydomain-b.com), but I have

What do you mean by this, that is, how/where do you set the
cookiepath?

> still 1 problem:
>
> tomcat 3.2.4 always set the cookie path of the JSESSIONID to the
> name of the web application context patch! So, this would be:

Yes, that is how it works, session cookies are context specific (and
that's captured in the path setting).

> /cookiepatha for mydomain-a.com and
> /cookiepatha for mydomain-b.com, but this one should be /cookiepathb
> iso /cookiepatha. Can i set the latter manually for the
> cookievariable JSESSIONID?
[ ... ]

Don't think so -- at least, not without mucking with the Tomcat
source, and I think if you did that to get the above you'd be going
against the spec.

There are a couple of things I don't understand, however.  First, why
do you have the two domains pointing to the same webapplication.
Second, why do you need the different cookiepath's?

Maybe if you elaborate on why you're doing these things, and/or what
you're trying to do overall, we can figure out a solution.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Systems and Technology Services (STS)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]