Robert L Sowders wrote:
> Since most of the questions to tomcat-users list concern installation and
> configuration issues it demonstrates that there is a real need for Tomcat
> to have a "documentation project" that it's users can contribute to. Right
> now most of the documentation consists of the xdocs which are pretty good,
> but can be so much more.  The developers obviously have little time to
> maintain the present documentation and there is such an apparent need that
> I wonder why a project for the documentation has not been started.

I would tend to agree with the above, those writing the code either don't
have the inclination or time to write up good documentation.

Have you looked at the latest docs for Tomcat 4.1?  Much better jk documentation,
existing docs updated, and even some new documents at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/index.html

Regards,

Glenn