Well, I installed 4.0.3 regular version instead of LE, now I assume I
should be using the Xerces parser thats part of tomcat, but I still get
the exceptions. Since j2sdk has its own installation of an xml parser
(Crimson, go figure which Moron came up with the idea to default package
a buggy xml parser into the j2sdk and then force us to configure some
stupid config buried inside the jdk installation just to get out of it.
What up with that Sun!).

Is there a way I can configure tomcat to use a different XML parser
without messing around in the jdk?

Hey Sun, if your listening! I don't want the jdk to set a "default XML
parser", I would never want jdk to set a "default xml parser". Its
"Always" the case that I want to use "MY SELECTED XML PARSER" never
never never would I want it to "JUST DEFAULT to some parser that I've
never used before in my life", expecially one that is buggy!

-Mark