From: "Henrik Bentel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: problem with session tracking and redirection http<---> https
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 04:45:21 +0000

ok, I see your point.
My approach is that I only use https to scramble the login request itself, so that a login password cannot be read,or sniffed, in clear text(it probably still can, if someone really, really tries). Nothing critical is stored in the http session itself.
A lot of websites do something similar, where only the password part is secure, and subsequent pages are insecure. and to change password, the old one has to be entered. I guess I'm a bit of a loss for a better way to do this?? Any well known approaches out there?

-Henrik