Of course, that makes perfect sense - I had been assuming that the # was
always passed to the server.  But of course that's a client-side thing.
An IE bug (oh joy).  It's not a caching issue - the JSP displays an
invokeCount just to be sure.

The next question then - is it even remotely appropriate for Tomcat to
compensate?  # is an illegal character in an URLEncoded string right?
If so, Tomcat could (and probably should) ignore unencoded #'s (and text
that follows) in the query string... ?

This seems like a pretty serious problem - there are a lot of IE6 users
out there.

Jeff Schnitzer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]