The only solution that I see, is to use your
own security.

One solution: use a Filter that is mapped to
every request. Check if username and passwort
are present, validate them and place a user
object in the session. Where ever you want to
have diffen content for an authenticated user
you can query for that object to show the
content.

As we have implemented something like that,
quite before something like realms came to
the world, I havn't looked at the details
of realms. So I'm not shure how much of the
Realms you can reuse to implement this.

Ralph Einfeldt
Uptime Internet Solution Center GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Hosting, Content Management, Java Consulting
http://www.uptime-isc.de