I have opened it - honest!
It's all Dutch to me (foreign). I saw:

- <parameter>
<name>pathname</name>
<value>conf/tomcat-users.xml</value>
</parameter>

which is possibly the nearest thing to what may be a 'context' to a directory ie a path (obviously not this particular instance but something like).
How may I add a 'context' to server.xml to enable access to http://localhost:8080/[WEBAPPNAME] for example? I need syntax!

Thanks again

E.

Even if you don't understand what the docs describe (and I don't understand all of it myself), the server.xml itself has examples.
Just take a look into it.

Enok Strine wrote:

"The tomcat docs do describe what elements can be put in the
server.xml and in what order, have a look at it for more details. Or
just create your own war file."

Hi,
You have lost me with WAR files. Perhaps it is better that I "add a context" in server.xml. I know not how to do this however. I could loose myself in the apache web site for hours on end. Alternately, could you direct me to such a page, or dare I say it paste some syntax into your reply?

Thanks

E.