No, I have read through the guide for my distribution (4.0.6)
and I cannot find an explanation of how to configure server.xml
for a new webapp that I have created.  (Though I did create the
webapp along the guidelines provided in the Application
Developer's Guide, so that should be all set once I can get
Tomcat to recognize that there is a new webapp there.)

If anyone can help me with this, that'd be much appreciated
(CC me as I am a digester), thank you.

Erik