> I suggest you don't go to the "it works for many people.. why not you?"
> direction. You'll get fired if you work in any customer service
department.

Maybe it is a fact in your case. I don't fire my people just because a
customer
complains or did not respond to the cusotmers in a proper way. That I see
as more my responsbility being not able to guide them in the right
direction.

> If you look at this active list, you'll notice many users are having many
> problems with Tomcat. Why don't you also tell them, "Tomcat worked for
many
> people.. what's YOUR problem?".

That's a fact, but in the different level. Not like a newbie who does not
even
know the difference betwenn JRE and Java SDK.

> Any software that needs Java, the runtime should be enough. If you need to
> Run Java applets in the browser, you only need JRE.

Isn't tomcat enough for that? Strange! I've been running Java
applets/servlets
without Java SDK.

> I installed ServletExec which is a commercial Java JSP and Servlet engine
> and it worked right off the bat with the full SDK. But I don't want to pay
> $700 for it. I guess you get what you pay for.

That's what I've mentioned in the previous message. Learn more about the
basic stuff before complain about TOMCAT. If you don't appreciate the
TOMCAT,
no one will stop you go somewhere else.

Pae