On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 10:34:18AM -0500, Turner, John wrote:

> Or even Forrest:
>
> http://xml.apache.org/forrest/index.html

Especially:

http://xml.apache.org/forrest/linking.html

Links are stored in a central site.xml file (which generates the menu),
and then pages link to the (partial) XPath address of the site.xml node,
eg: <link href="site:index">, <link href="site:faq/blah">, using:

<!-- site.xml -->
<site ...>
  <index label="Index" href="index.html"/>
  <faq label="FAQ" href="faq.html">
    <blah href="#blah"/>
  </faq>
</site>