The pattern is based on the <servlet-mapping> pattern. What does this look like for your servlet you are restricting access too? It looks like you are trying to restrict by package name.

Cheers,
Jeff

Kevin Andryc wrote:

I have some questions about the <url-pattern> tag in web.xml. I would like
to restrict access to any reference of /servlet/app.test.*. However, I want
anything in the /servlet/ directory to be accessible. Is there anyway I can
do this? I tried this undert the security constraint tag:

<url-pattern>/servlet/app.test.*</url-pattern>

However this did not work and its lets me access any servlet with that
pattern to go through without a password. How does the pattern matching
work? I looked through the Tomcat docs and nothing is really documented
about web.xml. Is there anywhere I can go for this?