(1) We are seeing what seems to be this bug as well (we have no JSPs in our
app btw) - Could it be that by using IBM's JRE for 1.4 that Steve
essentially worked around this bug????

(2) I think its silly that SUN has slated fixing this bug for 1.5 and their
workaround makes very little sense - Anyone know what the following stated
work around translates to in actual code?

"Don't reuse StringBuffers. If you do reuse them, check their capacity and
make sure that you aren't making tiny Strings from huge StringBuffers"

(3) Steve, last time I downloaded an IBM JRE (a real long time ago) it was a
real pain as it was (a) buried within many nested web pages and (b) was part
of a websphere download - Do you offhand have a direct link to (just) IBM's
1.4 JRE?

Thanks,

--Nikolaos