Can you find a class named
org.apache.tomcat.logging.Logger in any of the JARS in
TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib?  Maybe you're missing a JAR
that you have to add.

Also, if I search for that class with Google it turns
this up:

http://www.caucho.com/support/resin-interest/0009/0126.html

The guy who wrote it had the same kind of problem, and
he had Resin and Tomcat installed.  Do you have any
other apps installed (e.g., J2EE reference
implementations, etc.) that might be hanging around
and causing this?  Could be worth a check. - MOD