<off-topic>I have a Folder C:\Programme and a Folder C:\Program Files on
my windows system, just because some installers are not programmed
correctly.</off-topic>.

The point is, i can do what i like with my personal system. But i am
working together with colleagues and clients, i might use several
systems (FreeBSD, SuSE, Mandrake, Debian...) that members of my computer
club (http://www.hmh-ev.de) have set up. And all people can do what they
like on their systems.

Having an official *recommendation*, just that, would make life much
easier than it is now.

Yes, standards make life easier.

Hayo