We didn't know you were using the mod_jk.conf method.

How about posting your dir structure, with a description of where you want your files to be, and then post the relevant VirtualHost block (sanitized if necessary) from mod_jk.conf? Then we can see what it is you have already so we don't go around in circles.

The point of previous posts is that if you want Apache to serve static content from a certain location, you typically use DocumentRoot to specify that location. If the DocumentRoot in your mod_jk.conf file isn't working for you, you will have to consider 1) changing your dir structure and server.xml so that mod_jk.conf is created with a DocumentRoot that does work for you, or 2) changing where you put your files to fit with the current DocumentRoot that is being generated.

John

v.siguier wrote:

Thanks for your help but I don't understand where I have to put these new lines...
I have made changes in server.xml and I have created workers.properties (under Tomcat)
in order to generate automatically mod_jk.conf.
In Apache config file, I have made no changes for my new webapp... do I have to write
any information concerning my application in httpd.conf ?

You'll need DocumentRoot, too.

John

Zach Gatu wrote:

Where have you put your JSPs and/or servlets?

If for example you've put them in "tomcat-install/webapps/myfiles", then in your mod_jk conf file you need to put a directive like this:

Alias /tcfiles "tomcat-install/webapps/myfiles"

JkMount /tcfiles/servlet/* ajp13-wrk1
JkMount /tcfiles/*.jsp ajp13-wrk1

"ajp13-wrk1" is a worker described in your workers.properties file

This means that only files ending with *.jsp or starting with /servlet/ will be served by Tomcat. Anything else will be served by Apache.

Zach.

v.siguier wrote:

Hello,

I have configured Apache and Tomcat with mod_jk in order to connect them together but now all ressources of my application must be located under Tomcat directory to be founded.
As I want to put all static ressources directly under Apache, somebody can tell me what I have to configure in Apache or Tomcat to do this ?

Thank you