Well not really; we know that we are running Tomcat, a web container which
has its own (fixed) characteristics.  It is a server side app which is
processing non state based transactions which are thus highly like to
involve a lot of objects being created and destroyed without too many
hanging around for long;  the details of the webapp, unless it is highly
unusual, are likely not to matter particularly.  This is a rule of thumb
not an exact science and the vast majority of people who run Tomcat would
benefit from running in such a configuration (or playing with it to see
what the effects were) - read Sun's own tuning documentation and you will
see the default settings are not said to be suitable for the majority of
server apps.
cheers
Pete

"Shapira, Yoav" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>