Ah sorry I should really have said that I was focusing specifically on
memory managment; general performance tuning is a completely different
matter in which I do agree with you!  On the memory front however I would
stand by the fact that most tomcat webapps (big or small) would benefit
from a change in the default JVM config.

Anyway, have sorted out my problem now (by doing just that as well as a GC
change) and performance is 10x better!

cheers
Pete

"Shapira, Yoav" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>