On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 4:05 AM, Tim Landscheidt <t...@tim-landscheidt.de> wrote:
> (anonymous) wrote:
>
>>> until now I had the impression that we (you, the authors, and me) fight
>>> together against WMF and WMDE for keeping the Toolserver and against Labs.
>>> Some mails and discussion in the last days gives me now the impression that
>>> this was wrong and (at least some of) you are eager to leave the toolserver
>>> as
>>> soon as possible.
>>> There is no point to beg the WMDE for new hardware and to invest much more
>>> time if 2 weeks after Labs is "ready" the toolserver will be empty. For this
>>> reason I created a survey at [1] that starts at midnight. Please take a
>>> moment
>>> of your time and place your nick in the section that suits you.
>
>>> Sincerely,
>>> DaB.
>
>>> [1] https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Labs-Moving-Survey
>
>> I wish there were an option saying "move when XXX and YYY features are
>> available and / or provided better on Labs".
>
> That's "move as soon as possible".

That's not exactly the same, especially when I add the clause
"provided better on Labs".

When some features I require are poorly available on Labs, it's still
"possible to move", but in the case that, if I decide to move, I have
to - for example - work around many issues on Labs, or have some more
difficult development work to do in order to utilize those features on
Labs, I'll still still stay on Toolserver.

-Liangent