DaB. (2013-05-30 23:31):
Hello all,
At Thursday 30 May 2013 21:59:00 DaB. wrote:
Reason 4 are you, the tool-authors.
[...]

Like I said: It was naive. I can not resent you that you like to move to a
place that has a future, may be faster and maybe better administrated. I can
not resent WMDE that they don’t see that loosing the Toolserver is another
step to become more dependent of the WMF. But it hurts nevertheless, because
it makes me think that I did something wrong.

I would add that from few months various mails in this mailing list suggested that it's already a done deal. From a tool-author perspective I would say - what's the point of struggling? I liked TS, it was working very nice, and most fixes were done quite quickly, and I always felt TS was and is very open. But let's face it - TS has not been working well lately. I understand why. I understand that TS would need some money to go on, but at the end of the day it's just annoying when things are not working. And frankly I'd like to move as fast as possible because I see no point in staying at a sinking ship. This might sound harsh, but please understand, I don't want the ship to sink, I'm not making the holes, but I - as a humble small tools author - don't feel I can do anything about that really.

What I'm saying is that it is not about voting with feet. Things were already decided. It's as if someone would place a poster on the door of a shop [Closing at the end of the year] and another one [New, bigger shop around the corner] then a vast majority of people will go to the other shop. It's as simple as that.

But, like others, I would also like to thank you for your efforts and for staying with us on that sinking ship at least for some time :-).

Cheers,
Nux.