On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Adrian Buehlmann<adr...@cadifra.com> wrote:
> I hacked a bit on making it possible to switch off overlay icons
> per repo (issue 382).
>
> The patches I have detect if .hg/thgstatus has '@@noicons' on the
> first line and then the shell ext does not display any overlay
> icons for that repo and thgtaskbar will not update the file
> any more (on normal update requests).
>
> What's yet missing here is the ui to write/remove said @@noicons.
> I'm a bit unusure where to integrate that.
>
> It would be best to introduce a new command for thgtaskbar,
> so that thgtaskbar stays the one and only process that writes
> .hg/thgstatus (shellext is reader only). Technically, it
> would be trivial to send that from the shell ext.
> Infrastructure to send that from a hgtk dialog would yet
> have to be added though.

I'm tempted to put the UI for it in the taskbar options tool since the
taskbar app will be guaranteed to be running and it doesn't add a very
rarely used command to the context menu.

> Another open question is: should this go into stable or
> crew?

This is technically a feature regression (it existed in 0.7 but not in
0.8), so a case could be made to apply it to stable.

> Currently, with these four patches -- as they are -- the feature is
> working, but has no ui for changing the setting. That is, you have to
> edit .hg/thgstatus manually to disable the overlay icons for a
> repo.

If you edited the file by hand and added that tag, then did an 'update
icons' from the context menu, would that undo the disabled state?  Not
saying that's right or wrong, I'm just curious what the effect would
be.

--
Steve Borho