Steve Borho wrote:
> I normally wait until the N.1 release is out before triggering the
> discussion about the next TortoiseHg feature release, but this has
> been on my mind for a while and I'd like to start discussions about
> it.
>
> I'm seriously considering marking the explorer icon overlays as
> deprecated in 0.10, to be removed entirely in the next release.   In
> it's place, I would like a PyGtk+ directory browser, perhaps built
> into the Repository Explorer or Status Tool.

It's not something I use a lot, but I do think the TortoiseHg Nautilus
extension is a very impressive feature. There's something very
convenient and satisfying about seeing that a directory is (a) under
mercurial control and (b) some indication of status directly within the
normal file browser.

I would never bother to run a separate browser tool - if I have to
actually _ask_ for status, I'll just use the CLI.

Max.