torsdag 7 oktober 2021 kl. 21:32:41 UTC+2 skrev Stefan:

> As you've already noticed, you need to digitally sign the binaries if you
> want to get the support for the Win11 context menu.
> I've added a few lines to the build.txt file:
> https://svn.osdn.net/svnroot/tortoisesvn/trunk/build.txt
>
> basically, you need to create two files (signinfo.txt and
> signpublisher.txt) in the wc root, and then start the build.
> just have a look at the build.txt file, section "digitally signing the
> binaries and installers"

Thanks, yes, I saw those. My problem was in creating a suitable
(selfsigned) certificate. I think I managed, but I'll have to doublecheck
the different steps. Would it make sense to document these steps in
build.txt? I can write them up after double checking.

if you then still have questions, please ask!

Yes, but maybe this should be a new thread. Even though I have everything
signed (almost - TortoiseSVN32.dll and TortoiseStub32.dll are not signed)
and no error messages during the build, the context menu is still only
available under Shift-F10. Is this a known problem with a selfsigned cert
or can I check somewhere if it was installed properly? (I've rebooted my
computer after installation).

> as for the nightly builds getting that, I don't think this will happen -
> the WANdisco guys can't get the digital signing to work, and I've asked
> many, many times....

Oh, that's too bad.

Thanks for your help so far!

Kind regards