torsdag 16 juni 2022 kl. 11:28:16 UTC+2 skrev Bruce C:

> I too recently tried to create the build environment for TortoiseSVN. I
> had some teething problems that I've not yet reported but I've been
> interested to see that you've apparently not had those issues.
>
> With respect to the libxml2 library, it seems to me that there are two
> issues. The first is trying to get a copy of the library that's currently
> being used. The second, as you've been discussing, is a replacement for the
> library that is now difficult to obtain. I have nothing to contribute to
> the latter.

I think we should start by dropping Python2 support, hoping that the
library is more readily available for Python3.

For comparison, the policy of the Subversion project is to support Python2
for the remainder of 1.14 "unless an unreasonable burden". That policy
mainly applies to using Subversion but I think there was some work also on
the build system to support old platforms where Python3 might not be
available.

In our case, we have good support for Python3 on our build platform (we
already require Visual Studio 2022 and Windows 10, so no-one should be
building on old Windows versions where Python 3 isn't available) so it
should not cause trouble for anyone.

/Daniel