> "BFB" is "Big Flavorful Button" ;)

Ah, as in "BFG-9000" :-)

> So, from your screenshot it looks like you are hitting case number 2 from my
> there a crash report in /var/crash/ for the scoperunner?

/var/crash doesn't exist on a snappy machine. I have no idea where core
dumps end up. It looks like core dumps are disabled. I can't find any
cores anywhere.

> If not, does running "ubuntu-app-launch-appids" on this system show
any snap results?

ubuntu-app-launch doesn't exist either.

> Can you attach the unity8-dash.log and scope-registry.log files? Normally
> they are in
> ~/.cache/upstart/ but not sure where exactly that equates to for the unity8
> snap on core.

I'm seeing an unhandled exception from the click scope.

Registry log: pastebin.ubuntu.com/23602020

I suspect that the exception isn't coming from one of the threads that
we hand to the scope. (We very carefully handle all exceptions that a
scope might throw.) It seems more likely that the exception comes from a
thread that wasn't created by the scopes run time.

The trail of exceptions from shutdown() is unsurprising because the
scopes runtime realises that something isn't right and just logs the
error.

unity8-dash log: pastebin.ubuntu.com/23602037

There is a line with "results invalidated". Not sure whether that is
significant.

Note that no network is present inside the core 16 VM. I don't know how
to get that working, and I don't know whether that relates to the crash.
I set up the VM following the instructions Kevin posted:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o-
jKITqUxRsujmN3OwRj3wRnn6dgblKuvrhKjeN8-Wc/edit?pli=1#heading=h.q06bivmaid8f

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity-api in Ubuntu.

  No snaps appear in scope on Core 16

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Confirmed
Status in Unity8 Session Snap:
  Confirmed
Status in unity-api package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in unity-scope-click package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in unity-scopes-api package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  No snaps appear in scope on Core 16 whereas they do appear in unity8
  snap on classic