@dobey: There is in the log: terminate called after throwing an instance
of 'unity::scopes::MiddlewareException'

I don't know where this exception comes from. It would be great to find
out. I believe that, if an exception is thrown (no matter what kind of
exception) from one of the threads we send into the scope, the runtime
will handle it correctly. (If not, that's a bug in scopes-api.) But, if
the exception is thrown by a thread that wasn't created by the scopes
runtime, there is obviously nothing much we can do. (In that case, the
other errors are consequential errors, I'd say.)

@mterry: Yes, I did this in side the VM after starting the session.
There is no /run/user/0/dbus-session.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity-scopes-api in

  No snaps appear in scope on Core 16

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Confirmed
Status in Unity8 Session Snap:
  Confirmed
Status in unity-api package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in unity-scope-click package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in unity-scopes-api package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  No snaps appear in scope on Core 16 whereas they do appear in unity8
  snap on classic