Jonnio;462463 Wrote:

> Just look at this in comparison to the touch itself. The profit margins
> between the two products (from a bill of materials vs sale price
> perspective) is probably very similar, but I doubt the engineering cost
> vs sales ratios are remotely close to the same.  Not to mention the
> continued engineering, warranty etc... Costs that the touch will incur
> which the bracket won't.
Maybe, but I bet they sell an awful lot more Touches than wall mounts,
hence the fixed initial costs have to be spread out over fewer sales.

I'm probably not going to buy a wall mount, but for me it's not "$100
for a piece of plastic" but "$399 for a wall mounted player". Cost is
related to the production expense for the manufacturer, but should only
really be related to the utility for the consumer. In other words, it's
not how much it cost to make but how useful it will be to you which
should decide it's price.

--
radish

'HELP ME RAISE MONEY FOR CHILDREN'S CANCER RESEARCH!'
(HTTP://WWW.ADAMREEVE.COM/24IN24/)
http://www.last.fm/user/polymeric