I may be mistaken, but my recollection is that the general consensus of
the boards is that if one is going to use an external DAC there is no
difference sound quality-wise between the SB3 and the Transporter.
(Ignoring the neat Displays and the 96k sample rate of the
Transporter.)

Now there seems to be a number of posts that suggest the Touch's
digital output is better than the SB3's.  OKAY, if that is so it must be
that the Touch's digital out is better than the Transporter's  Or
someone's hearing is off!

Are any of you Beta testers in a position to test the Touch vs
Transporter as digital source?   What do you think?

TIA,  George

PS,  This question comes up because of the lowered Transporter prices
on Audiogon.

--
gsawdy