stevege;489455 Wrote:
> shall I get a Transporter or Touch to transport the data? It looks like
> the answer is the Touch (using the coax) based on what I've read in this
> forum? But what I do not understand yet, does it make sense to have 2
> DAC's? Won't the first DAC determine quality? Leaving out the UDAC and
> replacing the Touch with a Transporter would cost slightly more.
> Remarks/advice/comments welcome ... I still have quite a lot to learn.
Welcome.

There may be 2 Dacs (1 in the UDAC and 1 in the TP or Touch) but you
are only going to be using the UDAC one... and no, the other DAC (that
you are not using) will not impact or determine quality.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB Touch Beta (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W -
MF Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio