MelonMonkey;484169 Wrote:
> I think you have this backwards.  The minority of users are the only
> ones who would even know what FAT32 is.  Everyone else has been using
> NTFS for 8 years or longer.  No drive manufacturer is going to cater to
> the minority of users.  That's why you don't see everyone selling SCSI
> disks.
>
> Seeing as NTFS has been the standard on the desktop for at least 8
> years (XP+)
You have a lot of valid points, but there's no need to exaggerate. I
honestly don't know what the format shares are for external drives over
the past 8 years, but I do know that the bog-standard Buffalo 250GB
external USB drive I bought 3 years ago arrived formatted FAT32. And I
strongly doubt it's an outlier. Clearly the future is not FAT32, but
it's not so far in the distant past as you make it out to be. And it
does it really matter, because it's not as if it has to be a choice of
_either_ FAT32 _or_ NTFS.

--
aubuti